Meridian AC Repair
Local, Trusted Air Conditioning Repair Technicians
Diamond Heating & Cooling has been one of the Treasure Valley's most trusted air conditioning repair companies since 1999. With a focus on integrity, workmanship, and customer care, we're the team you can count on for quality service when you need it. Our air conditioning services are available 24/7, so if you need emergency AC repairs, don't hesitate to call us any time! Your satisfaction is guaranteed with every service we perform - if you're not 100% happy, we'll do whatever it takes to make it right!
We offer the following air conditioning services in Meridian:
- AC repair
- New AC installation
- AC replacement
- AC maintenance & tune-ups
- Emergency AC service
Why is My Air Conditioner Freezing Up?
Believe it or not, air conditioners can actually freeze on a super hot day, which can stop your AC from cooling your home. This isn't a problem that will fix itself, and it can actually cause seriously damage if the AC is allowed to continually freeze up.
AC freezes are typically caused by restricted air flow, and the likely culprits of restricted air flow are 1) a dirty air filter, or 2) a dirty evaporator coil. When the air filter or evaporator coil are dirty, the system isn't able to complete the exchange of heat from inside your home. When the refrigerant can't do its job, it can cause the AC to freeze. Alternatively, AC freezes may also be related to mechanical issues, such as a clogged filter dryer, a faulty blower fan, or a kink in the refrigerant line. A Meridian AC repair technician at Diamond Heating and Cooling can help you troubleshoot the issue and implement the right fix.
What Every Homeowner Should Know About Their AC
When people look at buying a new house, generally all they consider when it comes to air conditioning is whether or not the house has an AC system. Truthfully, every homeowner should know this information about their air conditioner:
- Age. Knowing the age of the air conditioner is important for a few reasons. The most important being when it will be time to replace or repair the AC unit. If the air conditioner is nearing the end of its lifespan, it might just be cheaper to replace than repair. Usually the date it was manufactured is stamped on it, or can be looked up online using the serial number.
- Energy Efficiency. For replacing parts, it is a good idea to know the SEER rating of the air conditioner. Mismatching SEER components won’t provide the proper maximum SEER rating. Diamond Heating and Cooling can help homeowners figure out their SEER rating and find the correct components to minimize this issue.
- Well-Being. Keep an eye on the energy bill and how well the air conditioner system seems to be working. If it is running too often, but the home isn’t getting cooler, there could be a problem. Just being aware of how it usually runs and works can help determine if there is a problem. One way to ensure the well-being of the air conditioner is by scheduling regular AC maintenance with Diamond Heating and Cooling. By getting the system regularly serviced, problems can be prevented and the system will run smoother. Also remember to change the filter regularly as that can affect how well it runs and its efficiency.
Why Won’t My AC Turn On?
When the temps hit a high, the last thing you want is for your air conditioner to not turn on. Luckily, there are a couple of reasons why this may happen that don’t require having to replace your AC.
Reasons your AC won’t turn on include:
- Broken Thermostat: If your thermostat is broken, it can’t properly read the temperature and won’t be able to instruct the air conditioner when to turn on.
- Tripped Circuit Breaker: Using too much electricity at once can trip your circuit breaker, which will turn off your air conditioner and prevent it from turning on. All you have to do is reset the breaker panel to get your AC working again.
If these aren’t the reasons why your air conditioner won’t turn on, give our skilled HVAC techs a call. We provide reliable AC repair services in Meridian, ID. We work quickly and efficiently to find the issue and provide lasting solutions.
AC Maintenance & Annual Maintenance Plans
Getting an annual air conditioner checkup can prevent a lot of issues with your AC system. With an annual AC maintenance check from Diamond Heating and Cooling, we can help you make sure your cooling system is running properly before the heat of summer.
Many homeowners skip annual air conditioner maintenance because of the cost. With our Silver Club Membership, homeowners can experience great maintenance without breaking the bank. For just $11.95 per month, Silver Club members get a visit from Diamond Heating and Cooling twice per year to perform maintenance on their HVAC system - once in the spring to check the AC and once in the fall to check the furnace.
Silver Club members also receive:
- Guaranteed appointments within 24 hours
- Free safety check
- Two free 1” standard pleating filters per year
- 20% discount on all parts and labor
- $19.95 Diagnostic fee
- 20% discount on indoor air quality
- Blower motor pulled at no charge once every three years of membership
Contact Diamond Heating and Cooling to schedule an appointment for AC repair in Meridian.
20 Years of Experience
Since 1999, our team at Diamond Heating and Cooling has been committed to customer service.
Dedicated to Integrity
Our service technicians are focused on making sure that you receive fair and honest services.
24/7 Emergency Services
Contact our team at Diamond Heating and Cooling today to get started.
Highly Skilled Service
Our professional technicians are very experienced and certified to provide superior services.
Free Second Opinion on All Major HVAC Repairs
If you are unsure about a price quote, we will gladly provide a second opinion.
Free Estimate on Equipment
It is not about what we can get from our clients, but what we can give to them.
Absolutely thrilled with Jason's visit. He was very knowledgeable, thorough, and just a delight. He patiently answered all my questions and explained to me the way A/C works. Definitely top-notch service- Diane Mc