In the dusty Idaho environment, regular cleaning to remove dust and debris off of surfaces is a necessity particularly in the summer but removing them from the air is especially important even in the winter. Did you know there are air filters that can be fitted to the furnace to reduce allergens in the air? Diamond Heating and Cooling can install a AirRanger Air Cleaner and drastically improve the quality of air circulating in the home.
Here are a few other tips to help reduce the number of allergens around the house:
- Keep the house clean by washing surfaces that allergens cling to. Bedding, and pillows should be washed in hot water or dry cleaned to kill mites and get rid of other debris.
- Vacuuming at least once a week can get rid of a majority of allergens in the carpet. Use a HEPA filter in the vacuum to eliminate even more particles. HEPA stands for high efficiency particulate air and this type of filter traps the small particles that other filters allow to recirculate back into the air.
- During the summer months,using the air conditioner instead of opening doors and windows can reduce the amount of allergens. It can also reduce dust mites by controlling the humidity.
- Reducing the moisture in the bathroom and kitchen decreases with chance of mold spores forming.
- Dehumidifiers can also assist in decreasing the amount of mold and dust mites.
Contact the professionals at Diamond Heating and Cooling to learn more about keeping the air in your home clean.
Meet the Experts
Diamond Heating and Cooling has been in the Treasure Valley area for the past 16 years. Rick and Sue Ellen started the company with the belief that if they treated customers in the way they would want to be treated, the company would thrive. Over a decade later, they have built a solid foundation on honesty and integrity.
With their mission statement in mind, they try their hardest to provide the best heating and cooling services to their customers. Heating and cooling system maintenance plans are available to make their services as affordable as possible while also reducing unexpected outages. Even with the best maintenance sometimes furnaces still act up. Luckily, Diamond Heating and Cooling is available for emergency furnace services and do not charge after hour fees.
Diamond Heating and Cooling value their customers and prioritize their safety. For more information on their maintenance plans, contact them today.