AC Repair in Nampa, Idaho
AC Maintenance, Installation & Replacement in Nampa
Your AC is essential to your home comfort. When it starts acting up, make your first call to the Nampa AC repair pros at Diamond Heating and Cooling. Trusted in the Treasure Valley for more than 20 years, we are highly reviewed
Our team of AC specialists have years of combined experience and will go above and beyond We offer prompt service and are available around the clock for emergency services when needed. Contact us now to request a service appointment
For all your air conditioning needs in Nampaand the surrounding areas, give Diamond Heating and Cooling a call today!
Why Is My AC Blowing Hot Air?
An AC that blows hot air on a hot day is certainly a distressing problem. If you have central air conditioning, your compressor/outside unit may be dirty or clogged, which restricts proper airflow. Alternatively, you may have a damaged or disconnected air duct that is causing warm air to seep into your home. For both central AC systems and ductless air conditioners, be sure to check the air filter and refrigerant levels. If the filter is dirty and clogged or the system is leaking refrigerant, that could be the culprit behind the lack of cool air. Regardless of the cause, you should call your local Nampa AC repair company to troubleshoot the issue and resolve it.
Signs You Need AC Repair
Are you wondering whether you need professional air conditioning repair services? There are a couple of things that you can look out for that will help you determine whether you need repairs.
These signs include the following:
- There is insufficient air coming out of your air conditioner
- Your air conditioner is blowing out warm or not cool enough air
- Your air conditioner is making noises
- There are unpleasant odors coming from your AC when you turn it on
- Your home feels more humid than usual
- Your AC is leaking
- You notice a spike in your electricity bill
- Your air conditioner is over 10 years of age
- You frequently have AC problems
- The AC thermostat is not working
Fixing Noisy Air Conditioner Units
Although AC systems make some noise while running, if the volume increases or frequency, there could be something wrong with the system. With so many different components to the AC unit, there could be a variety of problems causing it to be louder than normal.
Common causes of loud AC noises include:
- Compressor Motor. When the compressor motor starts to develop problems, the motor can start to rattle, causing excess noise. If this is the case, the noise will usually only occur when the system is starting or shutting off.
- Fan Motor. Both the inside and outside air conditioning units have fan motors, which may start making noise when they need lubrication. The bearing could also be going bad in the motor.
- Fan Cage. If the cage surrounding the fans becomes damaged, the blades may rub against it. This creates excessive noise and can cause other internal issues.
- Fan Blades. The air conditioning fan blades can also get bent and damaged from debris. By clearing away bushes and low-hanging branches from the outside AC unit, debris will be kept away from the fan blades.
What Causes Air Conditioners to Leak?
Air conditioners often have condensation from the dehumidifying process. However, when water begins to pool or increase in frequency or amount, it’s not part of the normal process. Routine AC maintenance and system checks can help alleviate the possibility of most of the problems below.
Here’s what could be going on:
- Broken Pump. This is the most common culprit. Homeowners can test this possibility by pouring water in the condenser pan to see if it properly pumps out the excess.
- Improperly Installed. When not level, air conditioners can leak, causing water to pool.
- Drain Hole Blocked. Dirt and debris can get into the drain hole and clog it.
- Outside Temperature is Too Cold. When mornings and nights start to get colder, it can cause water build-up. Usually, this goes away as the temperature goes up.
- Air Leakage. Seals that are not tight can cause moisture to pool below the unit. Excess air makes its way into the unit, which then condenses.
How Do I Stop My AC From Short Cycling?
Is your air conditioner constantly turning on and off? Chances are it’s short cycling, a common issue that may wear out your AC. A number of factors can cause your AC to short cycle, including not having enough refrigerant, a misplaced thermostat, and an oversized cooling unit.
To stop or prevent your AC from short cycling, there are a number of steps you can take to address the issue:
- Compressor: Check to make sure your compressor is working as a failing compressor can cause your AC to short cycle.
- Thermostat: Where your thermostat is located plays an important role in keeping your AC functioning properly. Make sure it’s not near the return air register so the readings aren’t wrong.
- Refrigerant: Check your refrigerant levels. A professional tech can make sure there’s enough and add more if need be.
How Often Should I Get an AC Tune-Up?
We recommend people get AC maintenance at least once a year, preferably in the spring. This can ensure your air conditioner works the way it should and that you’re not stuck in the heat without a functioning cooling system. Our Nampa AC maintenance team provides thorough AC inspections and can handle things like changing air filters and checking refrigerant levels. Call us before summer so you can stay comfortable all year round.
Nampa AC Replacement & New AC Installation
When it comes time to replace your AC system, choosing a new one can be an overwhelming task. There are different types of systems, a variety of brands, and they all have different price points. It's always a good idea to consult with a reputable AC company for expert advice on which air conditioning system is right for your needs. When you call Diamond, our Nampa AC replacement experts perform an assessment of your current system with regards to the size of your home, your budget, and your energy efficiency needs. Then, we'll educate you on your options!
Choosing the right AC replacement involves:
- Doing some homework. Homeowners should determine their heating and cooling needs before selecting a system. By measuring the space of the home, it will help determine the amount of power required in the system.
- Creating a budget. Sometimes the AC unit can die at the worst possible time financially. So when the budget might be a bit tighter, homeowners should stick to essentials. Extra costs such as humidification or filtration systems may need to be put aside.
- Keeping it simple. When looking at systems, remember that bigger doesn’t necessarily mean better. Too large of a system won’t be efficient and will wear down faster. Also, shoot for quality. It might cost a little more to get the system with a good warranty, but often it will be helpful later on.
- Staying local. Staying local when buying an HVAC system is great when it needs to be serviced or repaired. Local HVAC companies also tend to have better prices.
Need help with the purchase and installation of an AC system? The Nampa AC replacement technicians at Diamond Heating and Cooling are the experts to trust for honest advice in the Treasure Valley. We offer financing options from 21 months same as cash to a 60-month finance program with payments as low as $100/month per $5,000 financed.
How Air Conditioning Can Help Allergy and Asthma Sufferers
Why Is My Air Conditioner Not Blowing Cold Air?
How to Stay Cool if the AC Breaks
To schedule your appointment for AC repair in Nampa, please call (208) 378-6624.
Cooling & Heating Focused on YouPrincipled & Skilled Services
20 Years of Experience
Since 1999, our team at Diamond Heating and Cooling has been committed to customer service.
Dedicated to Integrity
Our service technicians are focused on making sure that you receive fair and honest services.
Free Second Opinion on All Major HVAC Repairs
If you are unsure about a price quote, we will gladly provide a second opinion.
Highly Skilled Service
Our professional technicians are very experienced and certified to provide superior services.
Free Estimate on Equipment
It is not about what we can get from our clients, but what we can give to them.
24/7 Emergency Services
Contact our team at Diamond Heating and Cooling today to get started.
See What Our Customers are Saying!
Absolutely thrilled with Jason's visit. He was very knowledgeable, thorough, and just a delight. He patiently answered all my questions and explained to me the way A/C works. Definitely top-notch service- Diane Mc