Fall HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Fall is the perfect time to get the heating system prepared for the colder winter temperatures. To get your HVAC system ready, follow these tips:
- Replace air filters. Air conditioners get a lot of use during the summer, and have probably collected a lot of dirt, dust and other particles. Those who haven’t already done so should change out their air filter. A clean filter will help the HVAC system transition smoothly into furnace season. It also helps the furnace to run efficiently, saving energy and money.
- Calibrate the thermostat. If the temperature is off by a few degrees, there could be an issue with the system that needs to be looked at. Doing this can keep the system is running as efficiently as possible.
- Get a programmable thermostat. These devices can really help cut heating and cooling costs. They also make it easier to keep the house at the perfect temperature even while homeowners are away.
- Inspect the furnace. Annual furnace inspection and maintenance will help to catch any issues and ensure everything is running smoothly before the system is needed. This will not only keep repair costs down, but also keeps the system running at peak performance and using the least amount of energy possible.
- Check for air leaks. Trying to battle air leaks in the fall and winter can be costly with the furnace constantly running to keep up. Instead, find and seal air leaks before the cold weather hits. Check windows and doors, and even the basement or attic for air leaks.
- Check the fireplace. The fireplace can be a source of heat loss when it isn’t in use. Have it cleaned and checked before planning to use it. Then, when it isn’t being used, make sure the damper is closed so air isn’t being let out. Also check for proper sealing around the fireplace and hearth.
Furnaces that aren’t performing at their best are costing homeowners money. That’s why it’s important to get the furnace inspected and maintained each year. Diamond Heating and Cooling offers a Silver Club HVAC system maintenance plan to save you money!
Fall is a Great Time to Install a Programmable Thermostat!
With the seasons slowly shifting, the Boise area is in a weird temperature limbo. In the mornings it’s cool, almost chilly, until the temperature climbs into the high 80s once again in the afternoon. This makes it hard to keep the house at a comfortable temperature.
This time of the year many people open their windows at night when it cools off, but by morning it can get quite chilly. Then they are forced to shut the windows and turn on the heat. However, the afternoon brings much warmer temperatures, prompting many to turn on the air conditioning.
What can be done?
To battle the fluctuating temperatures during early fall, invest in a programmable thermostat. It can be programmed to turn on and off at certain times of the day, adjusting with the temperature. Many models allow for different programs to run on different days of the week.
Start saving money and coming home to a comfortable house by installing a programmable thermostat. They range in price and technology advancement, making it easy to find the right one for every home. Contact Diamond Heating and Cooling for help in selecting and installing the best thermostat for your situation.
Contact Diamond Heating and Cooling about fall HVAC maintenance.