Delicious Spring Salad
Looking to make something for dinner tonight that makes you think spring? Try this Raspberry Feta Cheese Salad with Lemon Honey Vinaigrette.
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 12 ounces mixed spring greens
- 16 ounces raspberries
- 1 thin sliced granny smith apple
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus additional to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Adjust the rack to the center position and preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the slivered almonds on a sheet pan and bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until fragrant and light brown, watching carefully to prevent burning. Set aside and allow to cool.
- To prepare the vinaigrette combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper and poppy seeds. Whisk the ingredients together in a medium bowl or blend them in a mini food processor until well mixed.
- To assemble the salad, layer the mixed greens, raspberries, apple slices, toasted slivered almonds, and crumbled feta cheese in a large bowl. Just prior to serving add desired amount of the Lemon Honey Vinaigrette and toss until the salad ingredients are evenly coated.